|The testing regulations below are intended to ensure a smooth administration of the test and to protect test takers’ interests. Please read them carefully. If before, during, or after the test you do not comply with testing regulations, you will not be allowed to complete the test, your test will not be scored, the test fee will not be refunded, nor can the test be rescheduled.
||Test date/venue: Please check admission details online before the day of the test. Test takers may not request any changes in the admission details. (In an effort to protect our environment, we have adopted a policy of paperless communication. We no longer send the admission details by post.)
||On the day of the test, please ensure that you bring with you an acceptable form of identification, medium-soft pencils (2B), and erasers.
Acceptable forms of identification include：
(1) R.O.C. citizens
A. Test takers of 16 years and above: R.O.C. identity card or valid passport. Copies are not accepted.
B. Test takers younger than 16 years：
a. R.O.C. identity card, valid passport or health insurance IC card in the original. Copies are not accepted.
b. If you present a health insurance IC card without a photo, your photo will be taken at the test site. This photo will be used on your Official Score Report. You may not request a change of photo.
(2) Foreign nationals (including Hong Kong and Macao residents): Valid passport or ARC with passport number. Copies are not accepted.
(3) PRC residents:
Valid PRC Resident Identity Card in the original.
(4) If you fail to bring an acceptable form of identification, you will be given temporary access to the test under the following conditions:
A. You may be given temporary access to the test if you can present a temporary form of identification. A family member or friend must bring your acceptable form of identification (R.O.C. identity card or valid passport only) to the test site before the end of the test. If your identity can be unmistakably established in this way, you are considered to have entered the test with acceptable ID according to regulations. If this is not the case, your test will not be scored. The test fee will not be refunded, nor can the test be rescheduled.
B. Temporary acceptable ID document must be in card format and include all of the following: photo, name, R.O.C. identity card number, date of birth.
On entering the test site, you must present a valid ID. In order for you to be admitted to the test, the information on the ID must match the information you gave upon registration.
(1) If the name or number on the ID presented on the day of the test does not match the name or ID number given upon registration, you will not be admitted to the test.
(2) If your name changes before the day of the test, you must present a certified copy of your household registration record (戶籍謄本) or the new family register (新式戶口名簿). The name change must be recorded on this document. You will be admitted to the test only if your identity can be unmistakably established. Please note that it is not possible to change test taker’s name after the test.
(3) You will be identified based on the photo you gave upon registration. If on test day, we are unable to identify you as the person in the photo, you will not be admitted.
||Personal belongings other than those required to take the test must be left outside the testing room in the place indicated by test supervisors. Please avoid bringing any valuables to the test venue. We assume no liability for lost items.
||Electronic devices (including mobile phones, watches, digital watches, wristbands, smart glasses) are not allowed at your seat (only mechanical watches with hands are permitted). All devices must be powered off and placed in a location indicated by the test supervisor. Please make sure that your devices emit no sound at all (including vibration) from the start of the test until test takers are dismissed by the supervisor. Failure to comply will result in your test not being scored. The test fee will not be refunded, nor can the test be rescheduled.
||Please arrive at the testing room 30 minutes prior to the start of the test. Look for your seat number on the seating chart and take your seat. No one will be admitted after testing has begun (this includes filling in general information on the test sheet). Latecomers will be considered to have voluntarily withdrawn from the test.
||The test lasts for approximately 2.5 hours without any scheduled breaks. Anyone who leaves the room or hands in the test early will be considered to have withdrawn from the test. If you absolutely must leave the room, you must seek permission from the supervisor. Any time lost as a result of your absence will not be compensated.
||During the test, please comply with the following rules:
(1) You may not skip between sections: The test has three sections, listening, structure and written expression, reading. A certain amount of time is allotted for each section. During the allotted time for one section, whether you have completed this section or not, you are not permitted to work on or make changes of any kind in the other section. Failure to comply will result in your test not being scored. The test fee will not be refunded, nor can the test be rescheduled.
(2) Apart from completing your personal information and marking answers in the columns provided, you may make no other marks on the answer sheet. Failure to comply will result in your test not being scored. The test fee will not be refunded, nor can the test be rescheduled.
(3) During the test, you may use the blank spaces in the test book for note taking. Copying test items or answers and drawing lines or making marks in any place other than the test book is not permitted. Carrying or passing on notes, attempting to look at another test taker’s answers, talking with other test takers, copying another test taker’s answers or speaking answers out loud also violates the regulations and will result in your test not being scored. The test fee will not be refunded, nor can the test be rescheduled.
||On the day of the test, you must provide your signature before starting the test. By signing the test, you agree to abide by the test regulations. Not providing your signature may disqualify you from taking the test.
||Test takers must stop working immediately when time is called. Test takers are asked to sit quietly while test materials are collected and accounted for and until they are dismissed by the test supervisor. Any writing after the designated time is considered misconduct and will result in your test not being scored. The test fee will not be refunded, nor can the test be rescheduled.
||To ensure safety and order, video cameras may be in operation at the test site.
||The TOEFL ITP test is copyrighted property of Educational Testing Service (ETS). Duplicating and disseminating test material without the permission of ETS is strictly prohibited. Any attempt to remove testing material from the testing room or to make video, audio, or any other type of recording will result in a five-year ban from the test. The local test administrator (Chun Shin Ltd.) reserves the right to legal action.
||Devices with video or audio recording capability may not be brought into the testing room. If a test taker is suspected to be in possession of or using recording equipment while the test is in progress, the test supervisor has the right to demand that test taker render the device and submit to inspection. If test taker refuses to cooperate, the test will not be scored.
||Taking the test for someone else or allowing someone to take the test for you will result in a three-year ban from the test for all parties involved. The test administrator reserves the right to take legal action against perpetrators.
||Smoking, drinking, making noise, eating and chewing betel nuts or chewing gum are not permitted in the testing room. If on the day of the test, you damage equipment at the test site, interfere with the staff's administration of the test or cause any other kind of disruption, despite having been warned by the staff, you will not be allowed to continue the test and you will be dismissed from the test site.
The local test administrator (Chun Shin Ltd.) has the right to ban you from taking the test for a period of three years.
If as a consequence of your behavior, other test takers have to continue testing under disturbance or are prevented from continuing the test, this constitutes a violation of other test takers’ rights and interests. In this case, the local test administrator (Chun Shin Ltd.) will be forced to take legal action to protect its own rights and those of the other test takers.
||If unforeseeable events (natural disaster, strike, demonstration, etc.) prevent testing to proceed as scheduled, the test administrator will announce subsequent arrangements.
||In case of an epidemic disease or flu, the test administrator will take the necessary measures to ensure the safety of all test takers. Test takers are asked to cooperate with special arrangements or regulations, which may include body temperature measurement at the entrance to the testing room, the use of face masks and sterilizers in the testing room, or the denial of entry for test takers suspected to be carriers of such disease or flu etc.
||The associated organizations referred to in the TOEFL ITP bulletin and registration form include associated test centers, IT companies, post offices, and others.
||If for any reason a test cannot be scored, the test administrator must make appropriate arrangements for a repeat test.
||The test administrator (Chun Shin Ltd.) reserves the right to the final interpretation of each item in these regulations.